Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Korshi Buffet.....Craptastic!

Have you ever gotten really excited to try a new restaurant, but to find yourself let down? Well that is how I felt after visiting Korshi Korean Buffet in Centreville. I bought a Specialicious coupon.....$35 for 2 people. This place is usually $30 per person for dinner. I read the reviews on the place and people ranted and raved about it giving it great reviews. In my opinion, they must been smoking so much weed where they got the munchies and the grass flavor overpowered the food.  

So I went with a friend and my daughter in hopes of trying Korean BBQ for the 2nd time and chowing down on some sushi. We get there and there is a wait. This is totally expected since it's a Saturday evening. Well, they keep calling people ahead of us and when we ask why we haven't been seated, they tell us tha they have to sit the people before us with 4 people at a bigger table. Umm...we only have 3 people. It's not like there is a 3 person table. They sit us at the same size table as the people with 4 in their party.

I get to the table and there is this grill looking thing in the middle, not very clean and you can tell there are remnants of food from the people who ate before us. I'm assuming it's for the Korean BBQ, but I didin't know since the servers didn't bother to ask us if it was our first time or tell us what the hell it was. I had to look around to figure out what it was being used for and how to turn it on.

I get up to the buffet.....and there is raw meat that looks like cow guts sitting there. I couldn't bare to look at it too long and wondered if it was any good since it was sitting out next to the hot food. I'll pass! I went down the line of food and grabbed a little bit of everything that looked intersting and not picked apart. There was an assortment of meats, noodles, sushi,, and other miscellaneous items.

The sushi wasn't any better than anything you would purchase out of your local grocery store. Majority of the rolls were generic and looked like they may have been sitting for awhile since they looked squishy and picked apart. I didin't even look at the sashimi because that stuff scares me. The food was a bit bland. Nothing stuck out as fantastic. Oh, and were the hell was the steak that is advertised on the sign? I couldn't even bare to absorb anymore calories than was on my first plate because it just wasn't worth it.

On to dessert.......This was probably the best part of the evening.  They had a decent assortment of goodies from eclairs, to brownies, to jello, and ice cream. I sampled a little bit of everything and it wasn't that bad. Maybe Betty Crocker paid them a visit and made the desserts because it definitely didn't go along with the taste of their food.  

I will definitely not be recommending this place or visiting it again. The price at $30 per person and $15 per child is a bit ridiculous for the value you get. The ontl good thing about this place was the Trader Joe's across the street. I'm gonna stick with actual sushi places and Harris Teeter for my sushi and places like Honey Pig for Korean BBQ.

1 comment:

  1. My question is why would you go to a BBQ or buffet to eat Sushi? Go to a sushi place. Also Cho's garden has better korean BBQ than honey pig. Its in fairfax get the marinated kalbi on charcoal.

    ReplyDelete