Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fluffy Thoughts..

Ok, so I get this intense sugar craving due to the stress at work. I search and search for bakeries, cupcake shops, anything to satisfy this craving before I start throwing something. I find "Fluffy Thoughts Cakes." in McLean, VA. I MUST GO!

So I get there and its this cute little bakery with an abundance of cupcakes. Yum! The cupcakes are decently priced at about $2.50 per cupcake and $1.00 for day old cupcakes. That's a deal compared to other places such as CakeLove. So I get 4 cupcakes.....2 fresh, and 2-day old's.

I distributed 2 of the 4 to co-workers at work because I don't need the extra sugar going to my thighs. For myself, I got the german chocolate cupcake  (Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache), and a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter topping. Now I have had awful experiences with cupcake shops besides the Cake Boss one in New Jersey, but I still wanted to try these. They did not differ from any of the others I have tried such as Cake Love and that one in Fairfax Square that doesn't deserve mentioning. Bleck!

The cake was pretty dry and didn't taste much different from Betty Crocker. The icing was decent, nothing to call home about. The peanut butter didn't taste like peanut butter. Not sure what it taste like, but not right! Maybe I'll have to give it a try on another day and maybe I'll have a different outcome, but for now, I just inhaled some useless calories that i will now have to go burn off :(

Check out the website --->Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment