Thursday, May 12, 2011

Vintage..

So it seems I'm a Groupon whore! I purchased a Groupon for the Vintage restaurant line of 3 restaurants ($20 for $40 worth of fare)......Vintage 50 in Leesburg, Vintage 51 in Chantilly, and Catch 52 in South Riding. Doing what I do best, I evaluated the menus of all 3 restaurants before deciding which one to visit. Based on my review, I chose Vintage 51 of Chantilly.

Of course I couldn't go by myself because.. 1. I would look like a total ass at a nice restaurant by my lonesome..2. There was no way I could eat $40 worth of food on my own. So, I brought a friend to sample with. My friends are so lucky!

Anyways, I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and my friend got the NY Strip. While waiting, we were brought biscuits to nosh on. Yeah, not that great. Usually the bread is one of my favorite parts, but these biscuits tasted slightly stale. I'll pass on them next time for sure. Definitely don't need any unwanted calories.

Our meals arrived about 25 minutes after we ordered. My sandwich looked like, well a pulled pork sandwich drenched in BBQ with fries on the side. I wasn't entirely impressed by the sandwich and almost regretted getting it once I saw the NY strip. I didn't completely regret it though since the NY Strip was a whopping $29 and if we each got it, it would put me way over my groupon. The NY Strip was delish! It was perfectly seasoned and not too dry like some steaks we get in other restaurants that shall remain nameless. We both got fries.....ummmmm, they were excellent! I usually don't care for the fries that come with meals, except Red Robin's of course, but these fries were definitely good and I must say, tasted better than the BBQ pulled pork.

I planned on getting dessert since it was free with the purchase of 2 entrees (Tuesday's special), but I was stuffed! I probably could have burped and created room, but I don't really need the dessert anyways.

Overall, I would give this place 3 stars out of 5. the service was good, it wasn't overcrowded, and the food was decent.

Check out the menu here---->Vintage 51 menu

No comments:

Post a Comment